noun: bullion; noun: bullion fringe; plural noun: bullion fringes
gold or silver in bulk before coining, or valued by weight.
.ornamental braid or trimming made with twists of gold or silver thread.
Latin Old French
This may look silly to see but many people do not know what bullion is or even how to say it. Pronounced like: bull-yun. Bullion is any precious metal that is purchased for the weight with no numismatic value. It is, by far, the best value when purchasing your precious metals and typically it comes in the form of bars or government rounds or coins, such as American silver eagles (ASE), Canadian maple leafs and so on. Here at Capital Coin, you can purchase one bar or coin at a time or five monster boxes (500 coins), we cater to every budget. Here are some interesting facts about bullion:
- Gold is one of the heaviest metals, weighing 19.3 times heavier than water;
- One ounce of gold can be drawn into a wire 50 miles long;
- Precious metals are weighed in troy ounces. One troy ounce weighs 31.1 grams while a normal (avoirdupois) ounce weighs 28.3495
- Gold does not decay, oxidize, corrode, tarnish or rust;
- Silver is also know for its health benefits. It is antimicrobial and can fight bacteria;
- Silver is the best conductor of heat of all elements. It is extremely industrious;
People like to invest into silver and gold primarily for two reasons: 1) uncertainty with the dollar and 2) to diversify their financial portfolio. Whatever your reasons are, we are here to help and educate you during the entire process!